POSITION AVAILABLE: EVENT MANAGER
POSTED: JULY 12, 2022
Job Title: Event Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Responsible for event guest services and security staff.
The Ovintiv Events Centre is situated in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose events centre. With 4,500 permanent seats, 28 VIP luxury suites and Co-op Mercer Hall, a 5,500 square foot banquet space, the Ovintiv Events Centre is the premier events centre in Northern British Columbia. Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting.
Position Overview :
The Event Manager will manage every aspect of their assigned events from the advance planning stages through the end of the event; hire, train, schedule and supervise all event staff; oversee building security and interact with local public safety officials to ensure events run smoothly; coordinate communication between event staff/security and delegate assignments; be responsible for and ensure overall customer and lessee satisfaction and experience.
- Assist internal and external clients with event logistics and suggest the most effective ways to use the facility for specific types of functions all while following guidelines of contracts.
- Provide leadership, guidance and training for event personnel.
- Develop and control event budgets including preparing pre-show event estimates. Work with the Director of Finance to settle events.
- Deliver timely and accurate event information to the finance department for settlement/invoicing
- Coordinate event seating layouts using AutoCAD software
- Coordinate any rental gear/equipment necessary for events
- Distribute event datasheets and communicate all event information to the appropriate departments in a timely manner
- Preview emergency planning procedures with event staff for each event.
- Act as facility manager on duty as required
- Conduct full building checks prior to and during events
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Research, reviews, and recommends equipment, materials, and supplies required in providing event services and planning.
- Maintains the proper image and generates positive public relations with patrons and staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all tenant teams, employees, municipal officials, and service contractors
- Prepares annual budget and reviews/updates monthly financial data for department.
- Prepares reports of monthly event activities for submission to the General Manager.
- Facilitate event load-ins and load-outs that are typically early in the mornings and/or late into the evenings
- Coordinate service needs with Food & Beverage provider & make hospitality arrangements as needed
- Interacts with other facility staff in a courteous, cooperative, and professional manner
- Communicates in a timely fashion any/all problems and proposed solutions to management team and General Manager.
- Prepare and approve bi-weekly payroll for all event and security staff
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics/production elements of events including crowd management, fire and public safety, provincial regulations, food services practices, and audio/video/lighting equipment
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days
- Excellent verbal and written skills needed.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high-pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Strong management, motivational and organizational skills
- Exercise discretion and utilize independent decision-making during events that best represent the Ovintiv Events Centre and the client
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, climb stairs and occasionally lift up to 40 pounds
Please send resume and cover letter attention Dustin Bodnaryk, General Manager to DBodnaryk@dawsoncreekeventscentre.com
POSITION AVAILABLE: TICKET SELLER
POSTED: August 31st, 2022
Job Title: Ticket Seller - Basic
Reports to: Ticketing Supervisor and/or Assistant/Box Office Manager
The Ovintiv Events Centre is situated in Dawson Creek, British Columbia and is a state-of-the-art multi-purpose events centre. With 4,500 permanent seats, 28 VIP luxury suites and Co-op Mercer Hall, a 5,500 square foot banquet space, the Ovintiv Events Centre is the premier events centre in Northern British Columbia. Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in various activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior sales and customer service experience; ticketing sales helpful but not necessary.
- Experience handling/reconciling cash and the ability to calculate money with efficiency and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure
- Computer knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Programs.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Receive and process counter, phone, and mail ticket orders using various aspects of the ticketing system.
- Follow proper procedures regarding money and ticket reconciliation after every work shift.
- Provide accurate facility information and superior customer service to patrons.
- Prepare daily ticket office accounting reports when needed.
- Can run basic audits.
- Comfortable in both Tres and Pac selling platforms.
- Familiar with policies and procedures for name changes and reprints and able to process both.
- Able to process sales for club seats and suites.
- Familiar with basic AM monitor functions.
- Knowledge of basic hold codes.
- Familiar with trouble ticketing procedures.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Frequent sitting in a stationary position while at desk/computer, on phone, in meetings, etc.
- Frequently stand or walk about the office when accessing files, using office machinery, etc.
- Frequently use hands/arms to handle or feel objects or reach (ex. telephone, computer, office machinery.)
- Ability to talk and hear; must be able to frequently communicate with internal and external clients; must be able to exchange information in all situations.
- Seldom lift/carry up to 50 pounds for personnel files, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly use near, distance, and peripheral vision; constant adjusting of focus and perceiving depth.
Please send resume and cover letter attention Crystal Hardy, Box Office Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is rooted in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunities. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (protected class) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.