Provincial Health Order - Covid - Updates
COVID-19 / CORONAVIRUS - OVINTIV EVENTS CENTRE UPDATES
UPDATED - APRIL 5, 2022
Effective April 8th, 2022 at 12:01 a.m., proof of vaccination will no longer be required to access events. Read more here:
UPDATED - MARCH 10TH, 2022 - see below COVID 19 MANDATE UPDATE from the Province of BC.
Starting March 11, 2022 at 12:01 am:
- Masks no longer required in public indoor settings under a public health order
- Masks are encouraged on public transit and BC Ferries, but not required
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring masks on their premises
- Masks are still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- No restrictions on worship service capacity
- Overnight camps for children and youth allowed
On April 8, 2022 at 12:01 am, further restrictions will be lifted:
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required to access businesses, events and services
- Individual businesses and event organizers can choose to continue requiring proof of vaccination for entry
- Proof of vaccination is still required for federally regulated travel, like air travel
- Businesses will no longer need a COVID-19 safety plan. They must follow communicable disease guidance from WorkSafeBC
- Proof of vaccination will no longer be required for post-secondary student housing
PROOF OF VACCINATION PROGRAM MAY BE LIFTED APRIL 8TH
In accordance with the Province of BC’s Proof of Vaccination Program, guests are required to provide proof of vaccination prior to entering certain spaces in the Ovintiv Events Centre, including indoor ticketed sporting events and concerts.
The Ovintiv Events Centre must follow the British Columbia Public Health Order, wherein to enter certain spaces, including indoor ticketed sporting events and concerts, people aged 12-18 will be required to show their proof of vaccination and those 19 and older will be required to show their proof of vaccination and one piece of valid Government ID.
We will require the following from individuals to access the Ovintiv Events Centre.
- Youth 12-18 - Provide proof of vaccination
- Adults 19 and over - Provide proof of vaccination and one piece of valid Government ID.
- Required to wear a mask and always keep it on while in the venue **Mask must cover mouth and nose but can be removed for brief periods when the person is eating or drinking.
Details on the order from the Public Health Officer can be viewed online at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof
Get your BC VACCINE CARD online at https://www.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard
As of September 27, you will be required to have the BC Vaccine Card.
Once you receive your BC Vaccine Card, you can save a digital copy of your card to your cell phone or print a copy and keep it with you. If you do not have a cell phone, you can order a paper copy by phone at 1-833-838-2323 or visit the BC Service Centre.
If you are visiting from outside British Columbia, and are a Canadian visitor:
People from other Canadian provinces or territories must show:
- Provincially/territorially officially recognized vaccine record
- Valid government ID from the same province or territory
If you are an International visitor, including the USA:
International visitors must show:
- Proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada
Full details regarding the entry process for the Ovintiv Events Centre will be announced soon. For questions regarding the COVID-19 vaccination requirements, please email email@example.com
If you have questions regarding tickets purchased previous to this Provincial Health Order, please reach out to our Box Office at 250-782-7443